Psyc 100 Discussion Week 3
Psyc 100 Discussion Week 3
Need assistance with PowerPoint discussion. Discussion is on the Amygdala. Please see the attachments. I have an example and all supporting documents. Psyc 100 Discussion Week 3
STEP 1: Pick a part of the brain from this week that you would like to learn more about. Do some background research and then find at least one scholarly journal article from the UMGC Library that provides more insight into that part of the brain. From the article choose at least 3 interesting facts about that part of the brain, and explain these in some detail using your own words, either in your poster or in the text box of the discussion. STEP 2: Pick some aspect of your research and show it off! Pick out some of the details about the part of the brain (Neurotransmitters, Lobes (Parietal, Frontal, and Occipital), Brain Stem (Reticular Formation, Pons, Medulla) Cerebellum, Spinal Cord, Thalamus, The Limbic System (Hypothalamus, Pituitary Gland, Amygdala, Hippocampus), Two Hemispheres, The Cortex (Sensory and Motor Cortex), the result from an experiment, the importance of some research, or pull out some favorite insights, graphs, or charts—whatever you choose (NOTE: You do not have to summarize all of your research). Your objective is to create an interesting visual (think: infographic or google slides or even a PowerPoint) so that an outside observer could quickly learn more about your chosen topic.
You will need to include the following:
1) At least 2 images (pictures, charts, and graphs all count as images) and
2) Your research reflecting the information you found pertaining to the area of the brain you researched. You will need to integrate your research and include in-text citations when referencing your research.
3) Include your reference page in APA format. For in-text citations (in the body of your poster) cite the author’s name and publication date i.e., (Thompson, 2018). Your full reference list can be placed either at the bottom of the visual or in the textbook of the discussion.
You should put effort into this assignment, but please do not feel overwhelmed by creating a visual . There are tools out there to make your information look good and presentable that require no skill or knowledge of graphic design. You can think of it as making a simplified “poster” about either a part of the brain or a study that teaches about that part of the brain. You may design the poster in any medium you desire, including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Photoshop, Google Slides, or some other program. Suggestions include:
· Canva – a really easy to use and convenient tool because it has a lot of free shapes and designs for you to use. This program does not specialize in infographics, however, so you will want to choose the option to create a “poster” or “presentation.”
· Infogram – a fabulous tool if you want to include a chart or graph in your infographic.
· Easel.ly – has some great pre-designed Infographic options to work with.
STEP 3: Following your image post a short paragraph describing the image, summarizing what your research shows, and explaining why you found it interesting.