Essay Questions Psychology
Essay Questions Psychology
You will complete 10 short answer essay questions which focus on the course readings. Essay answers must be attached as Word documents to the appropriate assignment page, not typed into the assignment student comments boxes. In addition to writing a 300 word answer to each essay question with APA formatted citations and references (APA title page and reference page are required. Each question should be answered clearly and numbered) answer each question thoroughly and completely, providing examples where required. A minimum of 5 scholarly references are required for this exam.
Answer the questions below for this assignment.
· Synthesize the work of Watson and Rayner with Little Albert.
· Evaluate how you might have cured Little Albert’s phobia.
· Synthesize how a person might learn to be embarrassed by the word strawberry.
· How do the experiments of Carolyn and Arthur Staats help us understand prejudice?
· Evaluate Garcia’s work on taste aversion. Explain how his work differed from most studies of Pavlovian conditioning.
· How might you use Pavlovian conditioning to produce a boost in the body’s immune system in response to a CS?
· Compare and contrast classical conditioning and operant learning.
· What is the chief problem with the two-process theory of avoidance?
· Synthesize e how you would use shaping to train a pigeon to hop on one foot.
· Why is insight not an adequate explanation of problem solving?
You must proofread your paper. But do not strictly rely on your computer’s spell-checker and grammar-checker; failure to do so indicates a lack of effort on your part and you can expect your grade to suffer accordingly. Papers with numerous misspelled words and grammatical mistakes will be penalized. Read over your paper – in silence and then aloud – before handing it in and make corrections as necessary. Often it is advantageous to have a friend proofread your paper for obvious errors. Handwritten corrections are preferable to uncorrected mistakes.
Use a standard 10 to 12 point (10 to 12 characters per inch) typeface. Smaller or compressed type and papers with small margins or single-spacing are hard to read. It is better to let your essay run over the recommended number of pages than to try to compress it into fewer pages.
Likewise, large type, large margins, large indentations, triple-spacing, increased leading (space between lines), increased kerning (space between letters), and any other such attempts at “padding” to increase the length of a paper are unacceptable, wasteful of trees, and will not fool your professor.
The paper must be neatly formatted, double-spaced with a one-inch margin on the top, bottom, and sides of each page. When submitting hard copy, be sure to use white paper and print out using dark ink. If it is hard to read your essay, it will also be hard to follow your argument.